We have submitted 560 pounds of plastic and met our goal of 500 pounds of plastic!! Our bench will be arrived and we donated it to the Chevy Chase Community Center. Thanks everyone!
The LWV environmental Committee has done round 2 of plastic collection and that bench is going to be donated to The Indiana County Conservation District when they move into their new building. We are on round 3 so continue to save your plastic. Don’t let it go into the land fill. The bin at the YMCA is outside and can take your plastic there or to the S&T arena . We continue to collect it and send in our amounts to TREX. If you would like us to pick it us we may be able to do that . Contact us at email@example.com. Thanks to everyone! Stay safe out there!
This is the kid of plastic you can and can not donate: Please make sure your plastic is clean and dry. thanks so much. PlasticCollectionPoster.
Please do not include:
- Degradable/compostable bags or film packaging
- Pre-washed salad mix bags
- Frozen food bags
- Candy bar wrappers
- Chip bags
- Six-pack rings
- PPE – Gloves, masks, protective wear
- Black plastic garden coverings
- Is the packaging shiny or make a crinkly/crunchy sound. If so, it’s NOT acceptable.
Here are a couple of ways for you to tell if it is polyethylene or not and can be included:
- Check to see if the packaging is labeled with at 2 or 4. If so, it can be included.
- See if the packaging will stretch when you pull it. If so, it can be included.
You must log in to post a comment.