So far, we have collected over 2,000 lbs of plastic! The 2nd bench, sponsored by League of Women Voters in Indiana County, was donated to the Indiana County Conservation District. We are waiting to donate the 3rd bench and are continuing the 4th round, sponsored by the League of Women Voters again. Keep donating your plastics!
Here are plastics you can and can not donate: Please make sure your plastic is clean and dry. thanks so much. PlasticCollectionPoster. See this video thanks to Stephanie to see more about what plastic is good to collect and what we can not accept.
Please do not include:
- Degradable/compostable bags or film packaging
- Pre-washed salad mix bags
- Frozen food bags
- Candy bar wrappers
- Chip bags
- Six-pack rings
- PPE – Gloves, masks, protective wear
- Black plastic garden coverings
- Is the packaging shiny or make a crinkly/crunchy sound. If so, it’s NOT acceptable.
Here are a couple of ways for you to tell if it is polyethylene or not and can be included:
- Check to see if the packaging is labeled with at 2 or 4. If so, it can be included.
- See if the packaging will stretch when you pull it. If so, it can be included.